Could you create something new using unwanted fabrics?
You are challenged to create an original piece of decorative textile design work, or a garment, accessory or furnishing, using fabrics, trimmings and other textile materials that would otherwise be thrown away or donated to charity.
* £100 voucher towards craft materials and equipment
* free place on one of the Council’s textiles courses, up to the value of £75.
People’s Choice winner:
* an eReader
* £30 voucher towards a textiles or floral design course.
What the judges are looking for
The judges will consider how well you have met the following criteria:
* Creativity and design skills and the standard of construction – does the item look professional and is it saleable?
* Most original or innovative use of materials
* Ongoing sustainability for example: does the entry use waste textiles or accessories that would have gone to landfill and could the item potentially be reproduced from a continued supply of waste?
For more information please contact Denise Darlow on 020 8314 7309.