Speaking Out, & How to Find Support
Lewisham Mental Health & Wellbeing Event
Thursday 1st February 2018, 9:30AM – 4:30PM (Lunch provided)
Civic Suite, Catford Road, SE6 4RU
You are invited to attend the annual Mental Health & Wellbeing Event at the Civic Suite, Lewisham Town Hall. The event will provide an opportunity for everyone with an interest in mental health to come together and discuss mental health, wellbeing and recovery issues in Lewisham. It is part of a wider programme to involve people in the planning and delivery of mental health services and is a key opportunity for updates to be provided on service developments, encouraging people to give their feedback openly.
The theme for this year’s event is prevention / early intervention and the focus is twofold:
- Speaking Out: By getting people talking about mental health we can break down stereotypes, improve relationships, aid recovery and take the stigma out of something that affects us all. The event coincides with the annual “Time to Talk” day, organised by Time to Change – we hope to incorporate some local Time to Talk activities within the event.
- How to Find Support: Lewisham has a variety of mental health services available for people of all ages, but many residents and staff report a level of confusion and lack of information about what our local services offer and how/when to access them. There will be information stalls, presentations and workshops on a range of local initiatives that promote mental health and wellbeing.
• 9.30: open for registration and viewing information stalls
• 10.00: presentations start
• 11.45: first workshops start
• 12.45: lunch
• 14.00: afternoon workshops
• 16.30: close
For registration, please visit eventbrite website
For further information please contact: John Haseler 07747 065813 email@example.com