CATFORD South is absolutely BURSTING with amazing community people who work hard to make your area better.
We have 3, yes 3! residents associations covering our ward thanks to amazing drive, teamwork and a will to work together with the whole community.
First up is our brand new RA who have been going for a couple of months. The Ravenborne Residents Association
They Ravensbourne Residents Association has been created to represent the interests of their members. Our part of Catford is a great place to live. However we do have some problems including: Fly tipping, parking, noise, planning issues, ex scaffolding site, burglary and car crime
If you are interested in join them or getting on their board to help steer their work then contact: Andy Smith: 07802640130
If you are concerned about these or other issues our new Residents Association will cover the roads listed below.
– Crantock – Thornsbeach (top of Inchmery to Bellingham) – Barmeston – Callander – Charsley – Daneby – Aitken – Bellingham – Bromley (bottom of Callander to Bellingham Road)
Watch this space and keep an eye on Love Catford for more information about what this RA will be getting up too as they go from strength to strength
Our longest running residents association is Culverley Green Residents Association – they cover the whole of the Culverley green Conservation Area
CGRA started the late 1980’s as a Conservation area due to the threat of a large development being built within the area. Since then although as an RA we still deal with many planning issues in the area we also deliver many community events. We are an organization that is open to all residents within the Conservation area whether they are owner occupied or tenants.
Membership funds go towards supporting community events in and around the Green such as
• Easter egg hunt ( an event that has taken place for over 5 years)
• Teddy bear’s picnic with story telling
• Summer fair in conjunction with London Squares We offer face painting children’s games and mechanical animals( This event has been running for10 years)
• Prizes for the pumpkin competition which takes place in the last weekend of October during a community tidy up of the Green
• Trick a treating ( Members in the area indicate that they are happy to have children call by putting out a lantern)
• Promote the advent window project
• We have an Annual Winter Social as well as an AGM
• Promote 2 yard sales a year when neighbours get together to sell goods surplus to requirement. It has proved a good way of getting to know other residents
• This year we have a new event .We are hoping to have a pancake race on the weekend after Shrove Tuesday
• Events are open to all residents in the area
• Within the area we do have a wide age range and encourage members to look out for our frail elderly members as well as supporting younger members
• We are raising funds through donations, for street trees so far we have planted 5/6 new trees and are planning to plant at least 4 more in the next planting season
• Our next big project is to replace the railings around the Green
Contact the Chair on email@example.com
Last but not least is the wonderful Corbett Residents Association = covering the Corbett houses in Catford South and into Hither Green
The Corbett Residents Association was set up in 2010 due to popular demand from the local community. It centres around the Healthy Lifestyle Centre in Abbotshall Rd, Catford, and all roads in the Corbett Estate are members.
The group’s aims to:
Provide a network for neighbours to meet and get to know and support one another and address isolation of older people at small and larger local community events.
We are always looking for volunteers to assist with planned fundraising events either as a committee member or lead with Community Fundraiser
Depending of the event tasks could include:
• Community, faith group, school, college, business engagement
• Venue selection and preparation
• Entertainment sourcing
• Prize sourcing
• Coffee morning co-ordination
• Supporting co-ordination of arrangements for 3 key events in Abbotshall Road Playing Field, Catford SE6
o Easter egg hunt
o Annual fireworks
o Quizz nights
o Summer family fun day
The role would support the CRA Events committee working with the Chair throughout the year with regular contact by email or telephone. This role can be done at home with access to a computer and internet. For more information contact Lorraine Joseph on firstname.lastname@example.org