The last Catford South Local Assembly meeting happened on he 5th of March at Rushey Green Primary School, Culverley Green, Catford.
This was a fantastic meeting – over 98 local residents came out on a rainy Saturday morning to be a part of the assembly meeting, have their say and share their views.
Missed the meeting and want to know what was discussed?
The main items on the agenda were:
Fly tipping, with presentations from the Corbett Residents Association and Nigel Tyrell, the Head of Lewisham Environment Department and PC Reading from the Catford South SNT. Making Catford South A dementia Friendly Community The Future of The Broadway Theatre Volunteering and Volunteering Week Local projects needing support on space hive Community updates including information on the next round of Local Assembly funding An extensive question and answer session raising everything from the condition of roads, to re routing the south circular, planning issues and creating a community urban wildlife retreat
Check out the meeting notes here
What is an Assembly?
The Catford South Assembly is local people creating events, activities and those things that are missing for local people. This is your assembly come along and
- find out what is happening
- discuss and share what matters to you
- work with your neighbours, councillors, groups and Lewisham Council
- try out an idea locally
- influence decisions that affect you and the community
- test something by presenting a project to be funded each Autumn
- say what other projects are funded each Autumn
- meet new people
- get answers about local issues to guest speakers
- put faces to names, get involved and be reminded of what a vibrant place they live.
Recent speakers from the Local Council have included:
- The Catford Regeneration Partnership Limited – to talk about the state of the Catford Shopping Centre
- Council Waste & Environment Manager
- Road safety Team to discuss cycling offers available and local issues with routes
- Get involved and say who guest speakers should be
There is more happening than you think
How can I get involved?
Its as simple as 1, 2, 3…
- Come along and bring a friend to one of the local assembly public meetings or community showcase events. Look out for the leaflet through the letter box. No need to RSVP!
- Sign up to our email mailing list for information on issues that interest you. Email us!
- Be a part of our coordinating group of residents, businesses and councillors. This group meets 4 times a year to plan the public meetings and assess applications for the local assembly funding pot (currently £15,000 per ward per year) and set the stage for wider community to make the decisions.
For more information visit the Catford South Assembly website.