The 3rd Goldsmiths Silver Summer Ball will be taking place on Saturday 20th May 5pm-9.30pm, with a fabulous three course dinner this year prepared by Master chef quarter finalist Sharon Williams. Tickets are priced at the cost to us of the meal , entertainment and resources ; £20 standard (£15 for concessions and Whitefoot Ward residents ).
This year we will be remembering Derek who was our inspiration for starting the Ball. Derek danced for the last time with us in 2016 with a big smile on his face and warm words of thanks to all involved. We hope the Ball will be an annual fixture for many years to come; reflecting our community and enjoying a celebration of times gone by inspired by Derek.
For entertainment The Greenwich Youth Band will be followed by’ Peachy Beat’ and their foot tapping selection of 60’s pop & rock and roll and we will also have a licensed bar.
The Summer Ball is an inter-generational special event bringing members of our community of all ages together and giving older local residents a day to remember with an opportunity to dress up and enjoy a rare chance to interact with younger people. This year the police cadets, who supported Goldsmiths Dance Academy so expertly during Panto, will be serving on the tables.
Transport will be arranged where needed and we can, supported by the Whitefoot Ward Assembly, also offer some £5 tickets in referred cases where full payment is difficult.
Seeking Support! – this is not a fund raising event , we aim only to cover our costs and rely on the support of our volunteers and friends.
Can you help? We need:
* Referrals for people who would benefit from a £5 ticket
* Promotion of the event to eligible older and vulnerable people anywhere in the borough
* Promotion to full paying guests of any age (children from age 8) who would be ready to put on their glad-rags and join in the fun!
* Volunteers to work on the bar (the Cadets are too young!)
* Donations of a ticket to offer to someone who can’t afford one
* Raffle prizes- can be a local service or gift voucher as well as gifts
* Flowers for the tables / button holes to give out to guests as they arrive. ( maybe you run a craft group who could make these for us)
In cases of financial hardship we do have some £5 tickets to offer please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or speak to us at the centre. We also have a limited number of places on the transport bus for those unable to get there any other way.
We need referrals of people who may need transport or encouragement to join us who we could maybe contact ourselves and promotion to any locals who might enjoy seeing the Greenwich Youth band and live 50-60s pop music and have a good dinner.
Liz Wood Chair GCA